Details about The Language Show.
So what is a Full-Body Spelling Workout? The Spelling Blog regulars will know that I favour multi-sensory methods of improving spelling. This session will be wall-to-wall multi-sensory activities for all ages. It will include:
- Ways to help students write similar-sounding words
- Ways to help weaker spellers visualise words (as good spellers seem to do naturally)
- Things to do with your hands (that help to remember spellings)
- Things to do with your brain (that help you to remember too)
- A spelling gym - been meaning to do some exercise? Learn spelling at the same time!
- A chance for your feet to get in on the act too.
My session, (whole title: Hands-On, Eyes-On Feet-On! Full-Body Spelling Workout) is on at 13.15 (till 14.00) on Sunday 17th Oct.
By the way, volunteers will be invited to participate in a great game that you need to take your shoes off for, so make sure there are no embarrassing holes in your socks ;-)
Hope to see you there.